UCF's Department of Health Management and Informatics offers a fully online Professional Science Master’s degree program in health care informatics. This 38-credit hour, 20-month program is designed to accommodate the busy schedules of individuals and working professionals. Our asynchronous teaching technique allows to you log into your virtual classroom anytime throughout the day or night. All of your assignments, exams and projects are submitted through our online classroom portal.
The health care informatics program at UCF is unique because it provides you, the student, a thorough grounding in clinical, management and business aspects of the health informatics field, and is updated continually to reflect the changing demands of the industry.
In addition, the program will:
- Develop your leadership and decision making skills
- Teach you to work using an evidence-based, knowledge-management approach
- Enable you to best serve your organization’s information needs
In addition to earning a master’s degree, you will be able to sit for several industry recognized credential exams with no additional charges or fees. These certifications include:
- Certified Professional in Health Information and Management Systems
- Certified Associate in Health Information and Management Systems
- Project Management Professional
- Certified Associate in Project Management
- HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner
- Certified Health Data Analyst
- Certified Professional in Health Informatics
Note: Successful completion of the degree does not qualify you to sit for the Registered Health Information Administrator or the Registered Heath Information Technician certifications.