Graduate HSA Internship
Students in the graduate Health Services Administration program must complete an internship. The internships are designed to provide students with hands-on, mid- level-experience with a health care administration focus.
24 credits completed in the program, which must include the following courses:
- HSA5198: Health Care Decision Sciences and Knowledge Management
- HSA6119: Health Care Organization and Management
- PHC6160: Health Care Finance I
- HSA6342: Health Care Human Resource Management
- HSA6385: Health Care Quality Management
Steps in the Internship Process:
- Complete an Orientation
Students must complete a web-based, internship “orientation” in the semester BEFORE the internship. Students must contact Ingrid Mariano for permission to enroll in the internship orientation. [Note: In this orientation, students will receive the contact information for the various affiliates/internship sites.]
- Find a site/location in which to complete the internship
Using the contact list provided in the orientation and with the assistance of Ingrid.Mariano@ucf.edu will contact their organizations of interest by:
- Sending them a resume and cover letter
- Setting up an interview appointment
- Interviewing with the organization
- Securing an internship placement
- Enroll in the Internship Course
Once the orientation has been completed and a site has been secured, student must contact Ingrid.Mariano@ucf.edu to obtain a unique permission number, which will allow them to register for the internship course.
Requirements During the Internship:
- Complete the required number of “working hours” – 240 working hours
- Complete a “work product” with the organization
- Complete all of the “required forms” during the semester
- Complete the course portion of the internship
- Completed the Internship Orientation [Developed resume and cover letter; obtained contact information for affiliated organizations]
- Sent resume and cover letter to organizations for consideration
- Completed an interview with an organization(s)
- Secured an internship at an organization
- Contacted Ingrid Mariano with the completed “Permission Number Request Form” in order to register for the class
- Registered for the Internship Class
- Ready to start on the first day of the term
Note: The Affiliated Internship Sites are provided for your informational use only. Students will receive the official/direct contact information for each of these sites through the Internship Orientation.
For more information, contact Ingrid.Mariano@ucf.edu, director of internship programs, or call 407-823-0552.