2019-2021 Strategic Goals for CCIE
Outward Facing Goals
- Cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion to attract and support exceptional faculty, students, and staff of all backgrounds whose collective contributions strengthen us.
- Support, recognize, and reward professional excellence of faculty, staff, and students.
- Become the most transformative college in the region and state through the creation of untraditional interdisciplinary research teams and the advancement of groundbreaking ideas with social impact.
- Sustain and grow strong partnerships between the faculty, staff, and students of CCIE and local, regional, national, and global communities.
- Use positive impact as an evaluative marker of community service, research, and academic excellence.
- Practice effective communication, recognizing each person’s need to exchange ideas clearly and respectfully, seek information and clarification regularly, and respond to misinformation directly and professionally.
- Align college resource requests with strategic goals to advance the quality and impact of teaching, research, and service of all units.
- Advocate for differentiated workloads that reflect teaching, research, service strengths.
- Nurture professional relationships in a culture of collaboration among faculty and staff within and across all units throughout the college.
- Be intentional in coordinating between the two campuses, using technology, face-to-face meetings, and other mechanisms to assure a sense of connection and to promote collegiality.