Developing thriving local communities begins with thriving local government agencies. Some government agencies do not have the finances to get the expert resources and support they need to be more effective. Your support makes a difference!
Governed by the UCF Foundation, the Marilyn E. Crotty UCF Florida Institute of Government Endowment Fund supports projects and programs such as:
- Technical assistance/consulting initiatives to support local government agencies
- Grants for government consulting services and/or employee development programs
- Grants for local government advocacy initiatives
- Grants to support the advancement of women in local government
- Conference and professional development scholarships for elected officials and/or government agency employees
- Scholarships and paid internships for Public Administration students in Florida
About Marilyn E. Crotty
Marilyn Crotty dedicated her life’s work to improving local government via the Florida Institute of Government for 36 years. She served as Director of the John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government at the University of Central Florida (UCF IOG) for 28 years; she also directed the Florida Institute of Government at Valencia College for 8 years before moving to UCF. In addition to assisting local government agencies, Marilyn was appointed to many governmental boards including Regional Planning, Environmental, and the Governor's Commission on the Status of Women. She coordinated statewide debates for gubernatorial and senatorial candidates. She lobbied in Tallahassee, and coordinated and directed the election of the 1st Silver Haired Legislature in Florida. She is a former President of the League of Women Voters of Seminole County and member of the League State Board. Marilyn also developed and manages a program for economically disadvantaged women in Central Florida. Few people have had the stamina, the passion, and the state-wide impact on local government that Marilyn has demonstrated... for decades!!