K-12 Reading/Literacy Interventionist Training
Sept 17, 2019
Oct 8, 2019
Jan 14, 2020
Mar 10, 2020
9:00am - 4:00pm
UCF Morgridge International Reading Center
Are you a K-2, 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12 reading/literacy interventionist who has not provided targeted and intensive multisensory instruction previously and/or is interested in learning more to improve targeted and intensive literacy instruction? Join us for this professional learning series to increase your knowledge, effectiveness, and confidence as a K-12 reading/literacy interventionist.
"The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind."
- Kahlil Gibran
During these professional learning sessions participants will:
- Determine students’ literacy strengths and needs to inform instruction
- Develop a working understanding of literacy learning as a process to improve instruction
- Collect and analyze a variety of literacy data from multiple dynamic assessments
- Develop and deliver targeted transdisciplinary literacy instruction using multisensory research-proven practices for one on one and small group instruction
- Maintain accurate records of student progress over time
Audience: K-12 Reading/Literacy interventionists (serving students), particularly those who have not provided interventions previously and/or who have not yet had a formal professional learning opportunity in targeted and intensive multisensory reading/literacy instruction.
Note: Commitment and attendance to ALL four dates is necessary to impact instruction.
Individual Fee: $975
- UCF parking
- Certificate of Participation (60 hrs.)
Travel and Lodging:
- Registration feedoes not include travel and hotel accommodations.
- All travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the attendees and/or their sponsoring Local Education Agency. We encourage carpooling.
- Reservations should be made directly with the hotel. All rates may change and are subject to availability. Some rates include parking and other services. Participants are asked to inquire about these services when making reservations. Do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email from MIRC.
Questions? Call 407.882.MIRC