Literacy Coach Re-Boot Camp
June 10 - 14, 2019
UCF Morgridge International Reading Center
The University of Central Florida–Morgridge International Reading Center Literacy Coaches Re-Boot Camp is a week long summer professional learning opportunity designed to assist literacy coaches with improving literacy acquisition and instruction for the 21st century. The Re-Boot Camp was developed in response to literacy coaches' requests that greater emphasis be placed on assisting colleagues with implementing evidence-based practices to improve literacy acquisition. The Re-boot Camp Literacy Coaching is also available to schools and districts.
If you are interested in having the Re-Boot camp in your home district, please click here.
"The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind."
- Kahlil Gibran
Learn with Dr. Enrique A. Puig
Dr. Enrique A. Puig is internationally known for his expertise in literacy coaching (K-12). He has shared his expertise in New Zealand, Scotland, Canada, Hungary, Austria, and Sweden. In 1997 his work with cadres of literacy coaches started in Orange County, FL in collaboration with the Ohio State University, Georgia State University, Purdue University, and Texas Tech University. With over 35 years of teaching and coaching experience, Enrique has lead schools from the US Virgin Islands to Washington in transforming teacher and student learning. He has authored numerous curriculum content materials, articles, chapters, books, and training materials. He is co-author of The Literacy Coach: Guiding in the Right Direction, (2011).
During this reboot camp you will:
- Examine the role of the coach as a catalyst for teacher leadership in collaboration with administration.
- Engage teacher-colleagues on the effectiveness of multi-sensory transdisciplinary literacy instruction.
- Design effective student-centered coaching cycles with teacher-colleagues.
- Employ generative student-centered coaching on a continuum of professional learning opportunities.
- Use student-centered language that promotes transdisciplinary literacy acquisition and instruction.
- Use professional resources effectively to support student-centered multi-sensory instruction.
- Investigate multi-tiered systems of support that promote transdisciplinary literacy acquisition.
Who Should Attend
This professional learning opportunity is designed for Florida literacy coaches, academic coaches, instructional coaches, and district personnel responsible for providing professional learning opportunities.
Space is limited; register early to ensure your space is secured.
Contact MIRC at 407-882-6472 for more details.
Individual Fee: $975 ($775 to returning coaches)
Group Discount: Four people from the same district for the price of three.
Payments are due upon receipt of email via check, credit card, and/or purchase order. Registrations, though nonrefundable, are transferable.
- UCF parking
- Certificate of Participation (30 hrs.)
- Florida Literacy Coaches Association membership
Travel and Lodging:
- Registration fee for the MIRC Literacy Coach Re-Boot Camp does not include travel and hotel accommodations.
- All travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the attendees and/or their sponsoring Local Education Agency. We encourage carpooling.
- Reservations should be made directly with the hotel. All rates may change and are subject to availability. Some rates include parking and other services. Participants are asked to inquire about these services when making reservations. Do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email from MIRC.
Questions? Call 407.882.MIRC