Dave Edyburn, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Dean, Research and Faculty Development
Dave L. Edyburn, Ph.D., is Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Faculty Development at the College of Community Innovation and Education, University of Central Florida. His research and teaching interests focus on the use of technology to enhance teaching, learning, and performance. He has authored over 175 articles and book chapters on the use of technology in special education. His work represents a variety of contributions to theory, research, and practice. He has secured over $7.4 million dollars of federal, state, and foundation funding for research, development, personnel preparation, and model demonstration projects. Professionally, he has held national offices in the American Education Research Association, the Council for Exceptional Children, and the International Society of Technology in Education.
Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Areas of Expertise
- Applications of technology that enhance teaching, learning, and performance
- Assistive technology
- Universal design for learning
- Learning sciences
- Research methods
- Special education technology research
Recent Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Alumni, University of Illinois, College of Education, March 2017
- Master Judge, Kansas City Barbeque Society, July 2015
- SIGTE Award for Excellence in Teacher Education, International Society of Technology in Education, June 2014
- 2014 Tools for Life Visionary Award, June 2014
Edyburn, D. L., Rao, K., & Hariharan, P. (2017). Technological practices supporting diverse students in inclusive settings. In M.T. Hughes and E. Talbott (Eds.), The Wiley Handbook of Research on Diversity in Special Education (pp. 357-378). NY: John Wiley and Sons.
Edyburn D. L., & Robyler, M. D. (2016). Teaching and learning with technology in special education, In M.D. Roblyer, Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching (7th ed.) (pp. 400-420). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Edyburn, D. L., & Edyburn, K. D. (2015). Design for more types: Designing text to support the access, engagement, and success of diverse learners. In D.L. Edyburn (Ed.). (2015). Advances in Special Education Technology – Volume 2: Accessible Instructional Design (pp. 121-159). Bingley, United Kingdom: Emerald Group Publishing. ISBN: 978-1-78560-289-4.
Edyburn, D. L. (2014). Connecting the dots: Technology trends that could significantly alter the future of special education. In J. McLeskey, N.L. Waldron, F. Spooner, & B. Algozzine (Eds.), Handbook of Research and Practice for Effective Inclusive Schools (pp. 451-463). New York: Routledge.
Edyburn, D. L. (2013). Inclusive technologies: Tools for helping diverse learners achieve academic success. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
Faculty Related Links
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS)