Laura (Junie) Albers-Biddle, Ed.D.
Dr. Junie Albers-Biddle is an Associate Lecturer at the University of Central Florida in the College of Community Innovation and Education School of Teacher Education. She earned all three of her degrees from UCF. In 2014 she completed her Education Doctoral degree in Curriculum and Instruction. Her dissertation was titled: Staffing Practices of Elementary School Principals for Teachers in Primary Grades and Implications for the Prek-3 Continuum. She also earned her master’s degree in Early Childhood Education in 1993 and her Elementary Education bachelor’s in 1986. Dr. Albers-Biddle has dedicated her career to working with young children, teachers of young children, and pre-service teachers. She is a teacher practitioner for teacher candidates in the Elementary and Early Childhood Education programs. She enjoys coordinating, advising, and mentoring interns in Lake County Schools.
Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction
University of Central Florida
Areas of Expertise
- Early Childhood Development and Education
- Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Teacher Certification
- PreK-3 Continuum
- PreK STEM Education
Recent Honors and Awards
- Instructor/Lecturer Promotion and Tenure Recipient (August 2014), University of Central Florida
- Teaching Incentive Program Recipient (May 2012 and May 2006), University of Central Florida
Englehart, D., Mitchell, D., Albers-Biddle, J., Jennings, Towle, & Forestieri. (2016). STEM play: Integrating inquiry into learning centers. Lewisville, NC: Gryphon House, Inc.
- Association for Childhood Education International
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators