Catherine Bush, Ph.D.
Global Health Management and Informatics
Dr. Cathy Bush has recently joined UCF as a Lecturer in the School of Global Health Management and Informatics. She has had a fulfilling career as a consultant, speaker, author, and professor of leadership and organizational behavior, with a mission to help leaders create great workplaces for everyone who works in the business and with the business. She is the co-author of The Demotivated Employee: Helping Leaders Solve the Motivation Crisis That is Plaguing Business (Bush & Peters, 2020) and has consulted with leaders in a wide range of industries, including various manufacturing, healthcare, and other service organizations of all sizes around the world. She has also served in various academic leadership roles as a professor and administrator of graduate and undergraduate business, psychology, and healthcare administration in several universities. Dr. Bush earned her PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Central Michigan University, and has shared her expertise as a speaker in various conferences and professional forums.
Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Central Michigan University
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership behaviors that impact employee outcomes
- Human behavior in the workplace (motivation, productivity, teamwork)
- Assessment (performance management, selection, psychometric)
- The impact of leadership behaviors on creating an inclusive workplace (grounded theory research project currently underway)
- Leadership behaviors that impact employee motivation and demotivation (research project completion expected in Fall 2021)
Bush, C. & Peters, T. (2020). The Demotivated Employee: Helping Leaders Solve the Motivation Crisis That is Plaguing Business. Forbes/Advantage Books: Charleston, SC.
Bush, M. Williams, G., Bush, C., & Djokic, B. (2016). The impact of residents’ primary contact location in determining the nursing home market. Journal of Strategic & International Study, 11(2).
Bush, M. Williams, G., Bush, C., & Djokic, B. (2016). Distance, an important variable in nursing home selection for primary contact in Kentucky market. International Journal of Strategic Management.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
- Academy of Management, OBM and ODC divisions
- American Psychology Association (APA)
- American Society of Training & Development (ASTD)
- Association for Psychological Type (APT)
- Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM)
- Space Coast Human Resources Association (SCHRA)