Christy Foley, J.D.
Visiting Lecturer and Academic Program Coordinator
Christy L. Foley is a visiting lecturer at the University of Central Florida. Her legal work focuses on transactional small business law and entertainment law.
She is also a Florida Supreme Court certified appellate, circuit civil, and county court mediator who is considered a pioneer in the field of e-mediation. Dr. Foley is a leader in the field of mediator ethics, having served as Chairwoman of Florida’s Mediator Ethics Advisory Committee.
Moreover, Dr. Foley is very active in the Florida Bar. She serves as an officer in the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section and as an officer in the Entertainment & Sports Law Section of the Florida Bar.
Before teaching at UCF, Dr. Foley spent over a decade teaching law at Full Sail University, where she received a “Peers Recognizing Other Peers” award for her dedication to the university.
City University of New York School of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
Areas of Expertise
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property Law
- Entertainment Law
Recent Honors and Awards
- 2021 “Most Instrumental Executive Council Member” Award Recipient from the ADR Section of the Florida Bar
- 2020 “Member of the Year” Award Recipient from the ADR Section of the Florida Bar
- 2017 Maitland City Council Community Award Recipient
Ethical Issues for Attorney-Mediators, American Bar Association’s GP Solo Magazine, February 2021
Ethical Issues in ODR, Florida Supreme Court’s The Neutral, Spring 2020 (page 6)
Ethical Issues in E-Mediation, Florida Bar’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Section’s Common Ground, Spring 2019 (page 9)
- Florida Bar Member
- New York Bar Member
- Admitted before the Middle District Court in Florida