Cyndi Walters, M.Ed.
Cynthia Walters is an Associate Instructor at the University of Central Florida in the College of Community Innovation and Education School of Teacher Education. She earned her Masters in the Art of Teaching with an emphasis in Reading from Aquinas College and her undergraduate degree in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Reading and Early Childhood Education at Western Michigan University. Cyndi is a teacher practitioner, focusing her attention on creating innovative and engaging class meetings for teacher candidates. She enjoys serving as a regional campus coordinator and advisor, coordinating interns in Osceola County Schools. Her current projects include: providing personalized PD for classroom teachers through real time classroom coaching, facilitating National Read for the Record and Global Read Aloud involvement for regional students, and helping teachers bridge the gaps for English Learners in both content and language. She believes that smiles are contagious, all students can learn, and she strives to make a positive difference every day!
Elementary Education, MAT
Areas of Expertise
- Elementary Education
- Classroom Management
- Integration of the Arts
- Mixed-Reality Scenario Design
- ESOL Training
Recent Honors and Awards
- President Obama's Service Award, 2017
- UCF Associate Instructor Promotion, 2016
- UCF College of Education Teaching Incentive Program, 2014
- UCF Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Faculty Advising, 2014
Cardullo, V., Jacques, P., Knox, C., Lavendol, V., Miller, A., Morrison, B., Walters, C., Walters, L. (2012) Can We Maintain Excellence in Education with Increasing Enrollments and Dwindling Resources? Vol. 11, No. 1.University of Central Florida Faculty Focus.
Walters, C. (2007) Write What You Think. Carson-Dellosa Publishing Company, Inc. Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Association of Teacher Educators (ATE)
- Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators (SRATE)
- Florida Association of Teacher Educators (FATE)
- International Literacy Association (ILA)
- Florida Reading Association (FRA)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- Florida Alliance for Arts Education (FAAE)
- Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)