Irene Pons, J.D.
Dr. Pons Meyers is an Associate Lecturer at the University of Central Florida in the Department of Legal Studies. She earned her juris doctorate degree from Nova Southeastern University. Dr. Pons Meyers primary research interests include: Family Law, Immigration Law and Adoption Law. Dr. Pons Meyers has been active in the areas of teaching, service and international course development. Dr. Pons Meyers has been featured on WDBO News 96.5, Nicholson Student Media and 90.7 WMFE. Dr. Pons Meyers has been teaching at the University of Central Florida over 13 years. She is heavily engaged in community outreach and was appointed as one of the Attorney’s for the Mexican Consulate. She provides guidance and legal advice to Mexican Immigrants in the areas of Paternity, Adoption and Immigration.
Nova Southeastern University, Juris Doctorate
Areas of Expertise
- Family Law
- Adoption Law
- Immigration Law
- Collaborative Online International Learning
- International Course Development
- Family Law and the impact on Immigration Policies and practice such as the separation of families at the border
Faculty Related Links
- Media Interview: Orange County approves $10M fund for Pulse memorial expansion
- Media Interview: Chatting with the Chair
- Media Interview: Immigration policy separates children from their families