Faculty Research Interests
- Assessment of Trauma and Recovery for Survivors of Violence
- Resilience and Post-Traumatic Growth in Trauma Populations
- Intimate Partner Violence - Including Rural and Native American Populations
- Childhood Exposure to Domestic Violence Across the Lifespan
- Digital Storytellng as a Trauma Narrative Intervention
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Citizen Engagement
- Collaborative Governance
- Cancer Prevention and Screening Promotion
- HIV/AIDS Behavioral Research
- EHealth Communication and Promotion
- Healthy Aging in Place
- Community-based Health Promotion Programs for Older Adults
- Guided Autobiography for Older Adults and Caregivers
- Performance Evaluation
- Public-private Sector Relations
- Government Contracting and Public-private Partnerships (3Ps)
- Program Evaluation
- Performance Measurement and Benchmarking
- Local and State Government
- Social Work Administration
- Violent and Interpersonal Crimes
- Social Ecology/Communities and Crime
- Guns and Gun Policy
- Criminological Theory
- Quantitative Methodolo
- Health Services Management Research
- Outcomes Evaluation
- Health Informatics
- Long-term Care Research
- Gerontological Health
- Policy Informatics Research
- Population Health Science
Anderson, K.M., & Bernhart, C. (in press). Resilient adult daughters of abused women: Turning pain into purpose. Violence Against Women.
Anderson, K.M., & Mack, R. (2017). Digital storytelling: A narrative method for positive identity development in minority youth. Social Work in Groups. DOI
Bryer, T.A., & Prysmakova-Rivera, S. (2018). Poor participation: Fighting the wars on poverty and impoverished citizenship. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
Hou, S. (2018). A Taiwan Study Abroad program on Aging, Culture, & Healthcare. Educational Gerontology, 44(1), 18-27. DOI
Fetters, M.D., & Hou, S. (2018). Mixed Methods Research: State of the Art Integration Procedures. Taiwan Journal of Public Health, 37(4), 360-365. [In Chinese] Access at: DOI + corresponding author.
Hou, S. (2018). Subjective and objective cancer screening knowledge among white- and blue-collar Chinese middle- and older-age working adults. Journal of Cancer Education, 33(1):167-173.
Yu, C.Y., Hou, S., & Miller, J. (2018). Health for older adults: The role of social capital and leisure-time physical activity by living arrangements. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 15(2), 150-158.
Hou, S. (Editor-in-Chief; 2017). Service Learning: Perspectives, Goals and Outcomes. (Hardcopy). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc. (ISBN: 978-1-53610-879-8).
Kettner, P.M., Moroney, R.M., & Martin, L.L. (2017). Designing and managing program: An effectiveness-based approach (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
Martin, L.L. (2018). Public-private partnerships (P3s): What local government managers need to know [White paper]. Retrieved from ICMA.
Wan, T.T.H. (2018). Population health management for poly chronic conditions: Evidence-based research approaches. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing. DOI