Toni Jennings Exceptional Education Institute (TJEEI) recruits affiliate faculty from all colleges to work on joint initiatives. Potential affiliate faculty members are nominated by the vice president of research, college deans or associate deans, TJEEI Consumer Advisory Board, department heads, TJEEI director, TJEEI faculty fellows, and by current affiliate faculty members. Names of nominees are forwarded to the TJEEI director who will send out an official invitation. Selected faculty submit the requested documentation as listed below. By accepting a nomination, potential affiliate faculty are indicating their interest in STEM disability education and are made aware of institute opportunities and services. We encourage our affiliates to:
- Collaborate on interdisciplinary grant proposals across, within and through disciplines across campus;
- Attend a spring meeting once a year to meet with other affiliates and to hear the latest news on the institute;
- Promote the institute through collaboration and partnerships both at UCF and in the community;
- Work with fellows; and
- Participate in outreach to further knowledge and experiences with STEM disability education.
In return, the institute provides support to affiliate faculty members in the following ways:
- Locating, submitting, obtaining and implementing grants;
- Accounting, administrative, and research support for grant funded projects — to include serving as a fiscal agent by tracking budgets, assisting with purchasing, and providing assistance in the planning and execution of workshops and conferences associated with projects;
- Assistance in establishing partnerships with schools, business and external research organizations, as well as establishing collaborative teams within UCF;
- Assistance on research reviews related to grant submissions and provide institutional data supporting
grant submissions; and
- Publicize events and assist in conceptualizing and evaluating projects.
Are you interested in becoming an Affiliate Member?
The completed application is reviewed by the TJEEI Consumer Advisory Board and approved or denied by a simple majority vote. A list of accepted nominees is then forwarded by the director to the vice-president of research and college deans for approval.