Academic advisors give students the ability to navigate university policies and procedures, as well as provide guidance related to course planning, prerequisites waivers, and monitor their academic progress.

How to Reach Us

School of Public Administration
UCF Downtown
Dr. Phillips Academic Commons
(DPAC), Suite 446
Phone: 407-823-2604

Academic Advisors


Advising is available online and in person. For graduate advising appointments, email the appropriate advisor. For undergraduate appointments, select the advisor’s name to reserve a calendar appointment.

Rickie Clark (Herrera), Undergraduate Advisor

  • Public Administration BA/BS
  • Nonprofit Management BA/BS
  • Emergency Management BA/BS
  • Related Minors & Certificates

Schedule an appointment*

*Appointment scheduling is only available for students who have declared majors within the School of Public Administration. Prospective, minor and certificate students should request an advising appointment via email.



What is the difference between a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science?
The Bachelor of Arts requires students to take one year in any foreign language in addition to the standard program requirements. The Bachelor of Science requires students to take six credit hours in technical electives.

Who is my assigned advisor?
Your assigned advisor is listed within your myUCF account. You can also find out which advisor manages your degree program above.

When and how do I submit my intent to graduate?
The intent to graduate request should be submitted the semester prior to your expected graduating term. To file your intent to graduate form, log into myUCF and go to the Student Self Service menu tab. Click on the dropdown box labeled “Other Academic,” select “Intent to Graduate: Apply” and click on the icon to start your application.

How do I know what courses to register for?
Students can review their program requirements in their myUCF account. The myKnight audit provides a record of the student’s academic progress toward completion of their program. Students can also email or schedule an appointment with their assigned advisor to discuss their plan of study.

Can I complete my program fully online?
While most courses are offered both face-to-face and online, there are a few courses that require students to come to campus.

When can I register for classes?
All dates and deadlines, including registration times, can be found in the UCF Academic Calendar. Students can also check log into myUCF to look for their specific enrollment appointment date.

Do I have to complete an internship?
Students enrolled in a bachelor’s program are required to complete PAD 4942: Internship Orientation and PAD 4941: Internship. Students can choose between a 3- or 6-credit-hour internship.

If I am not declared in a program within the School of Public Administration, can I still take PAD courses?
Yes; however, the request will not be considered until a week or two prior to the start of the upcoming semester. Please note that enrollment is not guaranteed and is based on available seats. Students declared in a program within our school have priority for enrollment into any PAD course.