As a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Community Counseling and Research Center is closed. The CCRC operates on UCF’s semester class schedule and as a result of the new class structure, the CCRC will not be seeing clients in the clinic until face to face classes resume. If have any questions, would like to see a counselor, or have any concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
The UCF College of Community Innovation and Education Community Counseling and Research Center (CCRC) is a state of the art clinical training facility with 10 counseling rooms including a play therapy and adolescent therapy room. The Clinic offers free individual, couple and family counseling sessions, and on occasion, we also conduct group-counseling programs.
With the exception of short semester breaks, the Community Counseling and Research Center (CCRC) operates weekdays and evenings throughout the year. Counseling sessions are usually 45-50 minutes in length. Over 1,200 individuals receive services annually!
CCRC Mission and Vision Statement
Mission: The Community Counseling Research Center exists to promote mental health and wellness among children, adults, and families within Central Florida.
Our commitment: We are committed to providing professional and ethical counseling services for clients and qualified training for graduate students. We are invested in developing collaborative partnerships with community organizations to enrich the lives of individuals, children, couples, and families, including traditionally underserved communities in central Florida. Also, we are committed to conducting and disseminating rigorous research that contributes to the understanding of individuals and families and provides useful clinical applications. We are dedicated to ensuring that our services are inclusive and accessible to all future clients with diverse needs regardless of race, ethnicity, ability, religion, class, culture, and affectional orientation.
- To provide professional and ethical counseling services for clients at no-cost.
- To develop professional and competent counselors-in-training for future service in schools, community settings, and private practice.
- To build and maintain strong community engaged partnerships that support central Florida.
- To provide high quality outreach and services to the local community.
- To promote diversity and provide accessible and inclusive services to all individuals, children, couples, and families
- To secure external funding for inquiry and evaluation to better understand and support individuals, children, couples, and families
- To generate pioneering knowledge and skills to inform evidence-based practice related to individuals, children, couples, and families
- To disseminate scholarship that has an impact in the fields of counseling and counselor education
- Human dignity and diversity
- Ethical, professional practice
- Culturally competent and responsive services
- Intentional collaboration and partnerships with community stakeholders
- Advocacy for social justice and equality
Advanced graduate students from the Counselor Education Program staff the CCRC. These students have specialties in Mental Health, School, and Marriage/Family Counseling. All sessions are monitored and recorded by our digital system. A faculty member and/or doctoral student learning clinical supervision skills will observe the counseling session and will provide your counselor (a graduate student) with consultation and suggestions in order to maximize the benefits of counseling. In some instances, other graduate students in training or professionals will participate in these conferences. Additionally, the site utilizes bug-in-ear technology for counselors to receive direct real-time supervision from their supervisor. These activities are intended to ensure that you are receiving the highest quality service.
The CCRC adheres to the ethical standards of the American Counseling Association. Clients are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Referrals are made to outside sources when necessary. Call 407-823-2052 today to schedule your first appointment. We look forward to serving you and your family.