The Community Counseling Research Center exists to promote mental health and wellness among children, adults, and families within Central Florida.
We are committed to providing professional and ethical counseling services for clients and qualified training for graduate students. We are invested in developing collaborative partnerships with community organizations to enrich the lives of individuals, children, couples, and families, including traditionally underserved communities in Central Florida. Also, we are committed to conducting and disseminating rigorous research that contributes to the understanding of individuals and families and provides useful clinical applications. We are dedicated to ensuring that our services are inclusive and accessible to all future clients with diverse needs regardless of race, ethnicity, ability, religion, class, culture and affectional orientation.
- To provide professional and ethical counseling services for clients at no-cost.
- To develop professional and competent counselors-in-training for future service in schools, community settings and private practice.
- To build and maintain strong community engaged partnerships that support Central Florida.
- To provide high quality outreach and services to the local community.
- To promote diversity and provide accessible and inclusive services to all individuals, children, couples and families.
- To secure external funding for inquiry and evaluation to better understand and support individuals, children, couples and families.
- To generate pioneering knowledge and skills to inform evidence-based practice related to individuals, children, couples and families.
- To disseminate scholarship that has an impact in the fields of counseling and counselor education.
- Human dignity and diversity
- Ethical, professional practice
- Culturally competent and responsive services
- Intentional collaboration and partnerships with community stakeholders
- Advocacy for social justice and equality