Educational Leadership (EdS)
The Education Specialist in Educational Leadership program is designed for those currently employed in or interested in working as an assistant principal, principal or other public school administrator in K-12 education. The program is an advanced professional degree designed specifically for individuals who have completed a master’s degree in a field other than educational leadership and want to fulfill the requirements for Florida Level I Educational Leadership certification.
If your career plans include pursuing state-regulated professional licensure or certification in your chosen field, it is important to become educated on the credentialing requirements of the state in which you hope to practice.
- This program includes a one-semester administrative internship.
- A passing score on the Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE) is a graduation requirement.
- This program leads to Florida Level I Educational Leadership certification.
- The GRE is required for admission.
RESOURCES FOR ADMITTED STUDENTS
Visit the Educational Leadership EdS Advising webcourse for in-depth program information that includes requirements, deadlines, resources and more.
- Spring internship: Submit application by October 1
- Summer internship: Submit application by February 1
- Fall internship: Submit application by May 1