The John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government (FIOG) was created by the Florida Legislature in 1980 and subsequently designated as a Type I Institute by the Florida Board of Regents. The institute fulfills its statewide mission through five (5) affiliate program offices located at the Florida State University, the University of Central Florida, the University of Florida, the University of South Florida, and Florida Atlantic University.
The Institute’s original mission is in place today: to increase the effectiveness and quality of government in Florida through applied research, training, technical assistance programs and public service. A parallel goal was to provide high quality services to local governments at a reasonable cost, not always easy given budget constraints and fluctuations in the state’s economy.
We partner practitioners and University professionals from a variety of disciplines, with elected officials and organizational leaders, to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions and services.
Local government agencies are not required to go out for bid when utilizing the Florida Institute of Government at UCF.
Our Service Capabilities
The John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government at the University of Central Florida (FIOG at UCF) works directly with faculty, staff and external practitioners to bring their expertise to our clients. The FIOG at UCF primarily serves government and non-profit entities within an 11county region including Brevard, Citrus, Flagler, Lake, Levy, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia counties. The FIOG at UCF is often invited to consult with other FIOG clients and projects across the state.
The Florida Institute of Government at the University of Central Florida has a vast history of helping government and non-profit entities through:
- Facilitating visioning and strategic planning processes
- Facilitating community engagement forums
- Facilitating leadership and team building retreats
- Designing and facilitating leadership and employee development programs
- Developing curriculum and coordinating certification programs
- Providing association management services
- Charter review
- Coordinating conferences (site selection, speaker programming, catering, nd event management, and awarding CEU’s)
- Consulting/technical assistance for diverse government projects including:
- Resident satisfaction surveys
- Employee surveys
- Succession planning & career pathing
- Organizational development consulting
- Human resource consulting
- Consensus building
5 Reasons to Hire the Florida Institute of Government at UCF
Seasoned consultants with an unmatched understanding of the unique needs, challenges and services of government agencies, but whom also stay current with business and academic trends.
The FIOG is not a profit center, so we offer low rates for government and non-profit agencies.
Agencies do not have to go out for bid when hiring the FIOG at UCF, which allows faster project commencement.
Affiliation with the second largest university in the U.S., with expert faculty and practitioners.
30+ years of high-impact service to government agencies and non-profit agencies across Florida.
- MetroPlan Orlando Strategic Planning
- Orange County Customer-First Culture Change
- City of Ocala Supervisory Leadership & Leadership Master Class Academy
- Florida Association of Code Enforcement Virtual Conference
- Florida Redevelopment Association Education Certification Curriculum Redesign
- Orange County Executive Development Workshop
- New Smyrna Beach Charter Review
- Putnam County Strategic Planning & Employee Survey
- Parramore Citizen Engagement Council
- Preventing Harassment & Discrimination Employee Training for City of Port Orange