The International Society for the Social Studies (ISSS) is a non-profit, professional society devoted to the social studies. ISSS is an international interdisciplinary society for individuals striving to promote and enhance the importance of social studies education across the world.
The term of ISSS membership is one calendar year. Each annual membership includes:
- A print subscription to The Journal of Social Studies Research.
- Discounted Conference Registration Rates
- The opportunity to attend ISSS conferences and meetings
- The opportunity to present at ISSS conferences and meetings
- The opportunity to apply for ISSS awards and grants (when available)
The Journal of Social Studies Research
The Journal of Social Studies Research (JSSR) is an internationally recognized peer-reviewed journal designed to foster dissemination of ideas and research findings related to the social studies.
ISSS Annual Conference
February 21-22, 2019
Start making plans to join us for the 2019 International Society for the Social Studies Annual Conference at the University of Central Florida.
With scholarly presentations and practical teaching workshops on various social studies related topics from prominent experts, the ISSS conference provides a platform for all educators to engage in rich dialogue about the social studies. For university faculty, teacher educators, curriculum specialists, social studies department leaders, undergraduate and graduate students, as well as P-12 teachers, the conference features presentations that appeal to all. The ISSS conference has featured speakers from across the United States as well as across the world including Turkey, Portugal, Canada, India, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, South Korea, China, Nigeria, and a host of other countries.
- Michael Berson, University of South Florida
- Elizabeth Washington, University of Florida
- Stewart Waters, University of Tennessee
- Brad Burenheide, Kansas State University
- Jesus Garcia, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Kevin Vinson, University of the West Indies, Barbados
- William B. Russell III, University of Central Florida
- Matt Hensley, University of Tennessee
- William B. Russell III, University of Central Florida Director
- Kelsey Evans, University of Central Florida Office Manager
The International Society for the Social Studies
University of Central Florida
College of Community Innovation and Education, Suite 115J
P.O. Box 161250
Orlando, FL 32816-1250