The International Society for the Social Studies (ISSS) is a non-profit, professional society devoted to the social studies. ISSS is an international interdisciplinary society for individuals striving to promote and enhance the importance of social studies education across the world.
The term of ISSS membership is one calendar year. Each annual membership includes:
- A print subscription to The Journal of Social Studies Research.
- Discounted Conference Registration Rates
- The opportunity to attend ISSS conferences and meetings
- The opportunity to present at ISSS conferences and meetings
- The opportunity to apply for ISSS awards and grants (when available)
The Journal of Social Studies Research
The Journal of Social Studies Research (JSSR) is an internationally recognized peer-reviewed journal designed to foster dissemination of ideas and research findings related to the social studies.
ISSS Annual Conference
Join us February 26-27, 2021 for the International Society for the Social Studies Annual Conference #ISSS21, a two-day virtual conference of scholarly presentations and practical teaching workshops on various social studies related topics that appeal to all.
Welcoming presenters and attendees from across the globe, the #ISSS21 conference will be hosted via Google Sites, with conference sessions delivered via Zoom. All sessions will be recorded and accessible on the #ISSS21 conference website. Using these web tools, presenters and attendees will experience an interactive platform engaging university faculty, teacher educators, curriculum specialists, social studies department leaders, undergraduate and graduate students, and P-12 educators in rich dialogue about the social studies.
- Discounted Registration Fee All Participants - $59
- K-12 school team discounts are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Registration includes all recorded sessions on the #ISSS21 website.
Conference Link will be sent to all registered attendees pre-event.
Conference Registration Refund Policy: Refunds are available through December 31, 2020. All requests for cancellations must be in writing and received by the deadline date. Administrative fees may apply. For more information, please email us: email@example.com.
Conference Venue Details
UCF College of Community Innovation and Education
Morgridge International Reading Center
4143 Andromeda Loop
Orlando, FL 32816
- Michael Berson, University of South Florida
- Elizabeth Washington, University of Florida
- Stewart Waters, University of Tennessee
- Brad Burenheide, Kansas State University
- Bulent Tarman, Ankara, Turkey
- Kenneth Carano, Western Oregon University
- William B. Russell III, University of Central Florida
- Matt Hensley, University of Tennessee
- William B. Russell III, University of Central Florida Director
- Kelsey Evans, University of Central Florida Office Manager
The International Society for the Social Studies
University of Central Florida
College of Community Innovation and Education, Suite 115J
P.O. Box 161250
Orlando, FL 32816-1250