Dr. Bonnie Swan is a nationally recognized expert in program evaluation, assessment, and applied social research. She is currently the Director for Program Evaluation and Educational Research Group (PEER), a service center at the University of Central Florida (UCF) where she has been responsible for conducting contract evaluations and research both on campus and with outside agencies and institutions since 2006. Her standing in the field was recognized by receiving the Florida Educational Research Association (FERA) Educational Researcher of the Year award in 2015. Additionally, she has served in leadership roles, including President of the National Association of Assessment Administrators (2014–15), Board Member/Co-Chair Program Committee for the Southeast Evaluation Association (2013–current), and President of FERA (2011–12). She also teaches graduate-level evaluation courses and serves on several committees, all aimed at improving education.
Areas of Expertise
- Program Evaluation
- Applied Social Research
PhD in Education, UCF
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- American Evaluation Association (AEA)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Directors of Research & Evaluation (DRE)
- Florida Education Research Association (FERA)
- National Association of Assessment Directors (NAAD)
- National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages International Association (TESOL)
- Author of over two hundred research/evaluation reports for federal and state government agencies as well as service providers.
Current Funded Projects
A list of recent projects she has been involved with is located on the Program Evaluation and Educational Research Group (PEER) website.
- Serves on a number of sponsored research projects, as an independent evaluator. List of recent projects is listed on the PEER website.
- Orange County Drug Free Coalition, Higher-Ed Workgroup Committee member, Orange County Government Drug Free Office, Orlando, FL.
- Youth/Family and Neighborhoods & Education/Media Committee member, Orange County Drug Free Coalition, Orange County Drug Free Office, Orlando, FL.
- Editorial Review Board Member, Florida Journal of Educational Research (FJER), the official journal of the Florida Educational Research Association (FERA)
- Review Board Member, Literacy Research and Instruction, the official journal of the Association of Literacy Educators & Researchers