Christian King is an Assistant Professor in the School of Global Health Management and Informatics at the University of Central Florida. He received his Ph.D. in Public Policy in the joint program at Georgia State University and the Georgia Institute of Technology. His research is in Social Policy and Health Policy. Some of his research examines the social determinants of health and try to understand the factors that contribute to social and health disparities. He also has examined issues related to food insecurity and its consequences on health and wellbeing.
He also conducts research at the Orlando VA Medical Center on projects such as the effectiveness of telemedicine during COVID-19.
More information can be found at www.christianking.me
He joined UCF in 2017.
Areas of Expertise
- Food insecurity
- Health disparities and health care access inequalities
- Violence exposure in mothers and women
Ph.D. in Public Policy
Georgia State University
Georgia Institute of Technology
- HSA 3430 Health Care Economics
- HSA 4702 Health Sciences Research Methods
- HSA 6155 Health Economics and Policy
- HSA 6156 Health Care Economics and Policy