Students in educator preparation programs within the college use the web-based assessment platform, Student Learning & Licensure (SLL) by Watermark™, to track their progress toward mastery in specified areas of professional knowledge, called standards. Demonstrated mastery of these standards is required to earn a valid teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Education, making SLL an important part of student success.
Students upload completed assignments to their SLL accounts, which, once assessed by the course instructor, allow the college to evaluate student-learning outcomes relative to established standards. This student evidence supports both college and FLDOE Continuous Program Improvement activities, that directly contribute to the quality of student learning experiences.
How to Purchase and Setup your SLL Account
During students' first term enrolled in education coursework, they are required to purchase a membership to the SLL platform. New user accounts are created automatically once a student is enrolled in a course with an SLL requirement (SLL requirements typically start in 3000-level courses, but students should refer to specific course syllabi to determine if SLL is required for a course). To access their accounts, new SLL users should follow the steps below
Step 1: Using a FireFox or Google Chrome browser, navigate to the SLL Sign In Page.
Step 2: Click on the "Forgot Password" link.
Step 3: In the window that opens, type your official knights email address, and click "SEND LINK".
Step 4: Log into your Knights email account and open the "Password Reset" email message and follow the instructions provided.
Step 5: Return to the SLL Sign In page, enter your email address and password, then click "SIGN IN".
Step 6: Follow the on-screen instructions to agree to the Terms of Service and then complete your membership purchase.
* New accounts cost $139 and are valid for 7 years. Student should think about this purchase as they would a textbook.*
For Additional Assistance
Use the Watermark Help Center for the Student Role (located by clicking on the Question Mark icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, once logged into your account).
CCIE Programs that Require SLL
- Early Childhood Development & Education, B.S.
- Pre-K-Primary Education Track
- Elementary Education, B.S.
- K-6 Certification Track
- Lifelong Learning Track
- Exceptional Student Education, B.S.
- Secondary Education, B.S.
- English Language Arts Education Track (and Lifelong Learning Track)
- Mathematics Education Track (and Lifelong Learning Track)
- Science Education Tracks (Biology, Chemistry, & Physics; and Lifelong Learning Tracks)
- Social Science Education Track (and Lifelong Learning Track)
- Teacher Education, B.S.
- Art Education Track (and Lifelong Learning Track)
- Physical Education Track (and Lifelong Learning Track)
- World Languages Education Tracks (French & Spanish; and Lifelong Learning Tracks)
- Counselor Education, M.A./M.Ed.
- School Counseling Tracks
- Education, Ed.S.
- School Counseling Track
- Elementary Education, M.A.
- Exceptional Student Education, M.Ed.
- Reading Education, M.Ed.
- School Psychology, Ed.S.
- Teacher Education, M.A.T.
- English Language Arts Education Track
- Mathematics Education Track
- Middle School Mathematics Education Track
- Middle School Science Education Track
- Science Education Tracks (Biology, Chemistry, & Physics)
- Social Science Education Track
- World Languages Education Tracks (French & Spanish)
- What is the recommended browser for SLL?
The recommended browser is FireFox or Google Chrome.
- How can I view completed work from previous semesters?
In your SLL account, the "Timeline" tab allows you to access completed assignments from previous semesters. All submissions are retained on your Timeline in the order they were submitted.
- How long do SLL account memberships remain active?
SLL accounts are valid for 7 years from the original date purchased.
- The semester has started, but my courses are not showing up on my dashboard. What should I do?
Course information, including assignments and rosters, will be available by the start of the second week of classes (after the Add/Drop period ends).
- I forgot my SLL password. What should I do?
Go to sll.watermarkinsights.com and click on the "Forgot Password" link. You will then be prompted to provide your email address—use your Knights email—to reset your password.