UCF ADAGE Gifted Institute
Saturday April 3 and 10, 2021
BEHIND THE SCENES
What really goes on “behind the scenes” to support gifted individuals? Learn about the vision, efforts, activities and advocacy of top leaders and associations at the international, national, university and district levels and hear stories from the classroom. WE will ask the BIG questions, examine the impact of the Pandemic on evolving trends and practices, the future of gifted education in an era of social justice and innovation, and hear from the many voices at many levels in this free virtual event. Presenters will review core information from their personal experiences followed by interviews by ADAGE participants.
University of Central Florida Faculty Advocates for Advanced and Gifted Education (ADAGE) in collaboration with Project ELEVATE Present Gifted Education VIRTUAL Institute.
FREE REGISTRATION for zoom access: adagegiftedconferenceatucf2021.eventbrite.com
SATURDAY APRIL 3, 2021 8.45 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Introduction – What are the BIG issues today?
- Institute Coordinator - Dr. Gillian Eriksson, Gifted Education Program Coordinator, Department of Learning Sciences and Educational Research, CCIE (ADAGE
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
BEHIND THE SCENES: USA NATIONAL LEVEL - NAGC
- President- Elect NAGC Dr. Lauri Kirsch -Interview by: Patricia Barber
10:15 a.m. - 1 1:15. a.m.
BEHIND THE SCENES: EUROPEAN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL - The European Council on High Ability (ECHA)
- Dr. Lianne Hoogeveen, President- ECHA - Interview by: Dr. Jennifer Sanguiliano Lonski
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
BEHIND THE SCENES: GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL LEVEL - THE WORLD COUNCIL FOR GIFTED AND TALENTED CHILDREN (WCGTC)
- Dr. Julia Roberts - President- WCGTC and Dr. Tyler Clark – Administrator – WCGTC - Interview by: Dr. Allison Berner
SATURDAY APRIL 10, 2021 9.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
9.00 a.m. - 10.00. a.m.
BEHIND THE SCENES: UNIVERSITY LEVEL
UCF - GIFTED EDUCATION AT UCF AND PROJECT ELEVATE RESULTS 2015-2021
- Dr. Gillian Eriksson 10:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. BEHIND THE SCENES: DISTRICT LEVEL
SEMINOLE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS – PROJECT ELEVATE 2015-2021
- Director 2020-2021: Tony Capoverdi Director 2015-2020: Jeanette Lukens
11:00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
BEHIND THE SCENES: CLASSROOM LEVEL
- Classroom teachers implementing best practices in local district classrooms – stories and lessons from the field.
- Project ELEVATE Teachers and District Master Teacher Leaders share their experiences, ideas and visions.