I joined UCF in 2023 as a Lecturer in the Early Childhood Education Program. I bring more than 30 years of experience as an early childhood director, educator, and leader to my work. I have been a professor and department chair at several universities. I also bring extensive global experiences as a Fulbright Scholar at the University of Belize and a consultant to the Ministry of Education in Belize. I have led more than 300 US students to Belize to work in schools and community agencies. I am also a licensed elementary school media specialist and librarian.
- Early Childhood Education
- Literacy and Reading Education
- Global Education
- Ed.D. in Higher Education, Nova Southwestern University
- Masters in Business Administration, Maryville University
- East Carolina University, Certification in Media Library Coordinator
- B.S. in Business and Economics, Certification in Elementary, and Middle Grades English Language Arts, and Secondary Marketing Education, University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, Mathematics Education
University of Louisville
I have served in many positions to provide service to the institution (faculty senate, program coordinator, graduate thesis/dissertation advisor), the state (various state-level advisory boards), and professionally (advisory boards nationally to improve my field). Please see vita.
EEC 3613: Observation and Assessment and EEC 4940 Practicum