Things to Know About IRB
- Students may not submit their IRB applications until after their committee approves their thesis/dissertation proposal. The College of Community Innovation and Education (CCIE) does NOT require students or faculty to complete form HRP- 251- Faculty Advisor Review. Research conducted as part of a class assignment is not subject to IRB review
- Before submitting an IRB, each PI and co-PI needs to complete CITI Training (approximately 3-5 hours).
- Always download the most recent forms (do not use old forms or templates).
- IRB proposals must be submitted electronically through Huron IRB system. Your proposal will be composed of your answers in a series of web forms and documents that you will upload.
- IRB Help is available. Visit us on campus from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. in the Education Complex, Room 106 and view our resources below: