Su-I Hou’s newly minted status as ACHE Fellow marks the highest standard of professional development in the field of healthcare management.

Su-I Hou wearing a blue blouse and smiling against a blurred nature background.
Su-I Hou is now a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.

Su-I Hou, founding director and professor in the School of Global Health Management and Informatics, recently earned status as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.

An international professional society comprising more than 48,000 healthcare executives the American College of Healthcare Executives’ mission is to advance both its members and healthcare management excellence.

Fellow status is considered the “gold standard” and highest achievement of professional development in the field of healthcare management, with fewer than 9,000 healthcare executives holding the distinction.

“I’m so thrilled to pass the Board of Governors exam in healthcare management, the last step in my long journey to advance to the prestigious ACHE Fellow status,” Hou says. “I’m excited to add this Distinction of Board certification behind my credentials. I must admit this is among the most challenging exams I’ve ever taken and not an easy credential to earn.  I look forward to connecting with ACHE and the FACHE family, and to becoming more involved in my community.”

Candidates for Fellow status fulfill various requirements, including meeting academic and experiential criteria, earning continuing education hours, demonstrating professional and community involvement, and passing a comprehensive exam. They also commit to ongoing professional development and undergo recertification every three years.

“The healthcare management field plays a vital role in providing high-quality care to the people in our communities, which makes having a standard of excellence promoted by a professional organization critically important,” says Deborah J. Bowen, president and CEO of the American College of Healthcare Executives. “By becoming an ACHE Fellow and earning the distinction of board certification from ACHE, healthcare leaders demonstrate a commitment to excellence in serving their patients and the community.”