The UCF Center for Community Schools in the College of Community Innovation and Education at the University of Central Florida is a practice-based organization that provides community school technical assistance, university-assisted partnerships, training and development, and assessment and evaluation.
In 2010, UCF co-founded the successful Community Partnership School™ model with Children’s Home Society of Florida and Orange County Public Schools at Evans High School in Orlando.
The UCF Center for Community Schools opened in 2014 to help expand Community Partnerships Schools across the state and to advance community schools more broadly. The center has implemented a rigorous, strength-based certification process to ensure best practices. Currently, there are five UCF-Certified Community Partnership Schools in Florida, with many others seeking certification.
Vision and Mission
- We see a world where students realize their greatest potential.
- The UCF Center for Community Schools is internationally recognized as the premier resource for community school advancement. By sharing our expertise in community school development and sustaining partnerships, we empower schools and communities to build environments for students to realize their greatest potential
The UCF Center for Community Schools serves as a comprehensive resource by providing technical assistance, university-assisted partnership, training and development, and assessment and evaluation for the development of high-quality community schools.
- Advance community schools statewide as a strategy to improve school performance measures (school attendance, behavior, achievement, teacher retention, other)
- Enhance the knowledge base and increase the number of partners within the statewide network of Community Partnership Schools
- Ensure the Community Partnership Schools™ model is implemented with fidelity
- Grow statewide and national community school efforts by collaborating with national leaders in the field of community schools
- Advance state, national and global community school efforts through international partnerships