Health Services Administration Student Association
Welcome to the Health Services Administration Student Association at the University of Central Florida. HSASA is an organization comprising students interested in pursuing careers in health care administration. The goal of our organization is to provide networking opportunities for students within the field. We invite professionals from various health care organizations to talk to our members about their careers as well as other pertinent health care topics. In addition, we participate in numerous events throughout the year including socials, intramural sports, philanthropic events and fundraisers.
There are no GPA or participation requirements for HSASA. Any student, regardless of major or academic level, currently enrolled in classes at UCF may join our organization.
To provide a vehicle for constructive student involvement in the health care administration community and to create networking opportunities for students within the field.
Our meetings are held Mondays from 5:30 to 6:45pm in the UCF Student Union, Room 218C. Please check back for our Fall 2016 schedule.
We will send out an informative e-mail to all HSA majors prior to each scheduled meeting date. We hope to see you there!
Questions? E-mail us at HSASA@ucf.edu.
Student Health Information Management Association (SHIMA)
Our Mission is to promote, educate, and represent the future of the HIM profession by creating educational events for our departments' students and volunteering to contribute to our campus and community.
Faculty Advisor: Amanda Walden
Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society
Upsilon Phi Delta is a select and distinguished national academic honor society for students studying healthcare administration. Our organization’s mission is to recognize, reward, and encourage academic excellence in the study of health administration.
To recognize, reward, and encourage academic excellence in the study of health administration.
Upsilon: meaning "Health" | Phi: meaning "Care" | Delta: meaning "to lead," "to administer"
- To encourage interest in academic preparation for careers in health administration
- To promote activity that will elevate the standards, ideals, competence, and ethics of women and men preparing for careers in health administration and leadership
- To provide financial assistance through scholarships to outstanding students pursuing academic degrees that prepare individuals for careers in health administration and leadership
- To recognize, by means of granting honorary memberships, individuals who have made outstanding contribution to the profession
Faculty Advisor Information:
Meredith Robertson, MS, MPP
Health Management and Informatics
Benefits of UPD
- Opportunities that promote career development
- Social and professional networking with others in the health services administration (HSA) field and students that have navigated the HSA program
- Access to scholarships and careers as sponsored by AUPHA at the UPD national level
- Possibilities for Officer/Leadership positions for experience and resume enhancement
3.25 cumulative GPA with 12 credit hours completed within the HSA program
3.5 GPA based on at least 18 hours of graduate work after admission to the Master of Health Administration program
How To Contact UPD
Website | Facebook