Educational Leadership, MEd
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership program is intended for students seeking Florida Level I Educational Leadership certification who wish to work as assistant principals, principals or other public school administrators in K-12 education. The program provides a theoretical and conceptual knowledge base along with practical applications in a variety of administrative settings in education.
To effectively lead high-performing educational organizations, students gain knowledge and strategies needed through coursework focused on topics such as organization and administration of schools, human resource management, educational financial affairs, legal aspects of school operations and more. This is a state-approved program and all courses are face-to-face.
If your career plans include pursuing state-regulated professional licensure or certification in your chosen field, it is important to become educated on the credentialing requirements of the state in which you hope to practice.
- The GRE is not required for admission.
- New applicants need to demonstrate effective or highly effective teaching for a minimum of three years as required by the Florida Department of Education.
- A letter of recommendation from a principal is required.
- Courses required in the program address the Florida Principal Leadership Standards (FPLS) and Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE) competencies and indicators.
- The program includes a two-semester administrative internship.
- A passing score on the FELE is a graduation requirement.
- This program leads to Florida Level I Educational Leadership certification.
- All courses are face-to-face.
RESOURCES FOR ADMITTED STUDENTS
Visit the Educational Leadership MEd Advising webcourse for in-depth program information that includes requirements, deadlines, resources and more.
Administrative Internship Application Deadlines
- Spring internship: Submit application by October 1
- Summer internship: Submit application by February 1
- Fall internship: Submit application by May 1