Cynthia Rengifo is an Associate Instructor at the University of Central Florida in the College of Community Innovation and Education School of Teacher Education . She earned her Masters in the Art of Teaching with an emphasis in Reading from Aquinas College and her undergraduate degree in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Reading and Early Childhood Education at Western Michigan University. Cyndi is a teacher practitioner, focusing her attention on creating innovative and engaging class meetings for teacher candidates. She enjoys serving as a campus coordinator, faculty advisor, and UCF leader of The Future Teacher Academy in partnership with Valencia and The School District of Osceola County. Her current projects include: providing personalized PD for classroom teachers through real time classroom coaching, facilitating National Read for the Record and Global Read Aloud involvement for teacher candidates, and helping teachers bridge the gaps for English Learners in both content and language. She believes that smiles are contagious, all students can learn, and she strives to make a positive difference every day!
Areas of Expertise
- Classroom Management
MAT Aquinas College
BS Western Michigan University
- UCF Liaison and Advisor for Future Teacher Academy partnership between UCF, Valencia College, and Osceola School District.
- Developed and facilitate Title I School Tours, in collaboration with OCPS, for UCF Teacher Candidates.
- Certified in Youth Mental Health First Aid.
- Invited Panel Speaker for UCF Women’s Mentoring Committee.
- Co-Chair of Honors in the Major Thesis Committees
- 2018-2019 Served on Florida Teacher Certification Exam (FTCE) development and validating teams through Pearson.
- 2018 Produced videos for ESOL MELTS grant for instructional modules.
Recent Honors and Awards
- UCF Teaching Incentive Program Award 2014
- UCF Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Faculty Advising 2014
- RED3012: Foundations of Reading
Principles, procedures, and current practices for teaching reading. Specific techniques and materials for word identification, content reading and comprehension.
- RED4519: Diagnostic and Corrective Reading
This course provides an investigation of the needs of individual learners in reading instruction and organizational techniques for promoting optimum reading growth.
- RED4942: Practicum for Assessment and Instruction of Reading, Research Intensive Course
This course is a supervised practicum that provides opportunity to apply knowledge of reading assessment and instruction in order to increase reading proficiency of struggling readers.
- LAE3414: Literature for Children
This course provides students with information related to the breadth and scope of children’s literature. Attention will be given to the various genres of literature, literary and visual elements of texts, and benchmarks for determining quality children’s literature as well as investigation of the pedagogical components that offer readers to engage with text.
- LAE4314: Language Arts in the Elementary Classroom
Instructional delivery, learning environments, assessments, and best practices in language arts with an emphasis on writing as well as listening, speaking, reading, viewing, and visually representing.
- EDG4410: Teaching Strategies and Classroom Management
Students will explore instructional, organization and classroom management strategies to create effective learning environments.