Through commitment to innovation, social justice, excellence in teaching and research, and partnerships, the
School of Teacher Education will position itself as a national leader in shaping the next generation of educators
to be agents of transformation in an ever‐changing world.
The mission of the School of Teacher Education is to promote educational excellence and equity by conducting
transformative scholarship with educational, governmental, and community partners in order to prepare highly
effective professionals who advocate, serve, and positively impact the lives of all students and their families.
Built on the vision that education serves as a cornerstone for improving our society, the School of Teacher
Education’s core values are: (TE3ACH): Transformation through E3 (Equity, Ethics, Excellence), Advocacy,
and Collaboration for the betterment of human life.
- We are committed to preparing the next generation of educators through innovation, excellence, relevance and transformative scholarship.
E3: Equity, Ethics, Excellence
- We embrace equity, social justice, diversity, and inclusivity for all.
- We practice and defend academic and personal integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, compassion, and dedication in every aspect of our work.
- We value excellence, innovation, intellectual work, research‐based practice, and professionalism.
- We promote and advocate educating students from all backgrounds and supporting the needs of all children, youth, families, and communities.
- We engage with and work collegially and collaboratively with local, state, national, and international partners and communities. Together, we strive to improve equitable learning opportunities for all.
- We respect all human beings, their experiences, and potential. We treat others with care, compassion ,and dignity and strive to deepen our knowledge of human capabilities.