Dear friends of the UCF Literacy Symposium,
Since we cannot meet in person due to the pandemic, we created UCF’s 1st Literacy Symposium Express to support the needs of PreK-12 educators during this unprecedented time! The theme of our express virtual event will be on Literacy Engagement and Socio-Emotional Learning.
Starting on November 11, 2020, we will be offering a series of timely live, interactive, and virtual professional learning sessions every month. All sessions will be delivered via Zoom and will be offered free of charge to registered participants (e.g., PreK-12 educators, preservice teachers, and other educators, parents, and literacy friends and advocates).
Registration is required and space is limited.
Together, we can continue to make a difference in literacy teaching and learning. We hope to “see” you in one of our virtual professional learning sessions!
The COVID-19 virus has brought about many disruptions to our everyday lives. In our efforts to support our educators, parents, and students as we continue to teach and learn remotely, we have prepared a list of literacy and learning resources you can access to keep students reading and learning. Wishing everyone safety and good health.
Be inspired throughout the day from experts and practitioners in a space that brings together PK-20 educators to connect, share, advocate for and learn about literacy. The overarching principles of this event are to:
- View literacy as the cornerstone of student learning across grades, content areas, and contexts;
- Create strong and long-lasting literacy partnerships between the college of education and practitioners in the field;
- Create a professional learning community space that is welcoming, inclusive, rigorous, and collaborative;
- Strategically weave in policy, research, and practice; and
- Plan with the needs of preservice and in-service educators in mind.
2020 Symposium Registration Rates
Due to popular demand and limited event space, please register by March 20, 2020.
- Students: $25.00
(requires registration with official student email address)
- Professionals: $75.00
- A limited number of Title I public school educator scholarships are available - email email@example.com with name and Title I School for registration details*
All registered event attendees (e.g., presenters, attendees, exhibitors, volunteers) will receive free parking.
NOTE: Event Presenters (Proposals by invitation only), Exhibitors, and approved Volunteers receive free registration.
Register more and save; for each 5 registrations, receive 1 registration free (applies to professional educators only) - send email with order confirmation for 5 registrations to receive link for free registration*
*Not available onsite