Dear UCF Literacy Symposium Community,
We hope this announcement finds you and yours well.
In Fall 2022, we will continue to offer virtual webinars around our symposium theme, Reigniting Literacy Collaborations. The UCF 2022 Literacy Symposium virtual webinar series will showcase the professional work of local talent (i.e., FL teachers, instructional/literacy coaches, school administrators, others).
Please see our calendar of events below. We will also notify our subscribers via email and our Monthly Literacy Newsletter. All virtual webinars will be offered free of cost via Zoom. Registration is required.
We look forward to seeing you in our events this Fall! Feel free to contact us at LitSymposium@ucf.edu.
Wishing you a safe and productive school year!
Vicky Zygouris-Coe, Ph.D., Event Founder & Organizer
The Covid-19/Post-Covid-19 eras continue to shift and re-shape teaching and learning. In our efforts to support our audiences’ needs (i.e., educators, parents, and preK-12 students), we continue to provide a variety of literacy resources. We welcome your feedback and thank you for all you do to support all students’ literacy, learning, and success.
Be inspired throughout the day from experts and practitioners in a space that brings together PK-20 educators to connect, share, advocate for and learn about literacy. The overarching principles of this event are to:
- View literacy as the cornerstone of student learning across grades, content areas, and contexts;
- Create strong and long-lasting literacy partnerships between the college of education and practitioners in the field;
- Create a professional learning community space that is welcoming, inclusive, rigorous, and collaborative;
- Strategically weave in policy, research, and practice; and
- Plan with the needs of preservice and in-service educators in mind.
2020 Symposium Registration Rates
Due to popular demand and limited event space, please register by March 20, 2020.
- Students: $25.00
(requires registration with official student email address)
- Professionals: $75.00
- A limited number of Title I public school educator scholarships are available - email email@example.com with name and Title I School for registration details*
All registered event attendees (e.g., presenters, attendees, exhibitors, volunteers) will receive free parking.
NOTE: Event Presenters (Proposals by invitation only), Exhibitors, and approved Volunteers receive free registration.
Register more and save; for each 5 registrations, receive 1 registration free (applies to professional educators only) - send email with order confirmation for 5 registrations to receive link for free registration*
*Not available onsite