Internship I Eligibility
To be eligible for Internship I, students must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Students must be accepted into the college at the time of application, possess an overall 2.5 GPA as well as a 2.5 GPA in professional preparation and specialization.
- Eligibility for internship is also outlined on the Clinical Experiences website in the Student Teaching Handbook: A Guide for Internship and Clinical Practice. Please refer to your specific program requirements in the university catalog.
- Have passed all parts of the General Knowledge Test (GKT) prior to the Internship I start date.
- Meet course prerequisites as outlined by your program guide or through a Summer Contract. Please consult with an advisor for more information.
Each internship applicant is responsible for fully disclosing information pertaining to any previous arrests or adjudicated situations. Please make sure that you have carefully read the Disclosure of Background Information portion of the application before signing and submitting. If you have been fingerprinted for any purpose other than employment or military service, it must be indicated on the Disclosure of Background Information Form.
Applying for Internship I
The application period for Internship I is:
- Fall Semester - January 15 to February 15
- Spring Semester - August 15 to September 15
Access to the application can be found in the Announcement section (top of this page) during the application periods.
Registering for Internship I
Students are responsible for registering for the Internship course on myUCF. Instructions will be sent in your application status email, approximately 30 days after the application deadline.
In order to be registered, you must register yourself. The courses may appear closed; however, just register for it using the course number provided. Click all the way through until myUCF adds the appropriate internship course to your schedule. You will only be allowed to register for the internship section for which you have been approved. In order to properly register for the Internship I block/co-requisites, you must register for the Internship I course first, then register for the corresponding courses.
Dropping the Internship
If you decide to withdraw from or delay your internship after turning in your application, you must fill out a Drop Internship Form (available in the Office of Clinical Experiences - ED 110). Students are responsible for dropping the internship and any other related courses on myUCF. Refer to University calendar deadlines.