Dr. Lee-Anne Trimble Spalding is a senior lecturer at the University of Central Florida in the College of Community Innovation and Education School of Teacher Education. She earned all three of her degrees from UCF. In 2012, she earned her doctoral degree in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Reading. Her dissertation was titled: The Impact of Access to Books on the Reading Motivation and Achievement of Urban Elementary Students. Previously, she earned her Educational Leadership master’s degree in 1998 and her Elementary Education bachelor’s in 1994. Dr. Spalding is a teacher practitioner, spending most of her time designing engaging course meetings for teacher candidates in the Elementary Education program. In addition to her primary focus of teaching the future generation of educators, Dr. Spalding also enjoys writing and publishing scholarly work with her peers. She is a founding member of the UCF Nemours PedsAcademy at Nemours Children's Hospital. She enjoys coordinating, advising, and mentoring interns. Dr. Spalding is dedicated to positively impacting future teachers to in turn, have them positively impact our youth.
- Elementary Education
- Pre-Service Internship/Field Experience
- Children's Literature
- Elementary Social Science Education
- Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Curriculum and Instruction University of Central Florida (2012)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership University of Central Florida (1998)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Elementary Education University of Central Florida (1994)
For over 15 years, Dr. Spalding has provided educational experiences to teacher candidates in the form of service projects. Read for the Record and Read Across America are two of these annual events. Most recently, she has designed and implemented Carnival Thrills and Dollar Bills, an event to teach first graders basic financial principles, in conjunction with the Economic Financial Education Outreach Specialists of the Federal Reserve Bank of the Atlanta-Jacksonville Branch. She is the faculty advisor for the UCF Chapter of the Student National Education Association and Co-Coordinator for the Boots on the Ground program in the School of Teacher Education which provides hands-on educational experiences for pre-service teachers.
- Student National Education Association; Faculty Advisor
- Boots on the Ground; Co-Coordinator
- Knight Ed Talks; Faculty Coordinator
- Read for the Record
- Read Across America
- Carnival Thrills and Dollar Bills
- Literacy Knights (local schools)
- EDE 4301: Elementary Education Capstone Colloquium
The final co-requisite course in the Elementary Education program. This course complements Internship II and provides professional development and mentoring to help teacher candidates transition from the college classroom to their chosen profession.
- EDE 3942: Internship I
UCF PedsAcademy at Nemours Children’s Hospital is a pediatric school program that aims to keep patients engaged academically during their hospitalization. Students can intern with the program and work directly with patients while being supervised and mentored by the on-site supervising faculty.
- EDE 4943: Internship II
Supervise and Mentor teacher candidates during their final internship in the Elementary Education program.
- SSE 3312: Teaching Social Science in the Elementary School
Teaching social science methods course for Elementary Education Bachelor of Science majors.
- SSE 6115: Teaching Social Science in the Elementary School
Teaching social science methods course for Elementary Education Master of Arts majors.
- Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators 2022 Innovation in Teacher Education Award- Lexington, KY September 2022
- Student National Education Association (SNEA) Chapter Advisor of the Year for the state of Florida- February 2021
- UCF College of Education and Human Performance Teaching Incentive Program Recipient, May 2017
- UCF Department of Housing and Residence Life Distinguished Faculty Honoree, April 2017
- UCF Instructor/Lecturer Promotion and Tenure Recipient; August 2015
- UCF College of Education Teaching Incentive Program Recipient, May 2012
- UCF College of Education Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award Recipient, April 2012
*See Curriculum Vitae for more.