Educators Rising Orlando Chapter
Get Inspired, Get Prepared, Get Active! Goals of Educators Rising include promotion of the teaching profession, providing teacher candidates with resources to help them understand the profession and networking with other future teachers. Educators Rising also provides growth opportunities through leadership, community involvement, professional development, and academic/career support.
Educators Rising Regional Chapter (Cocoa Campus)
Get Inspired, Get Prepared, Get Active! Goals of Educators Rising include promotion of the teaching profession, providing teacher candidates with resources to help them understand the profession and networking with other future teachers in the Cocoa region. Educators Rising also provides growth opportunities through leadership, community involvement, professional development, and academic/career support.
Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) is an International Honor Society in Education that was founded in 1911 to foster excellence in education and promote fellowship among those dedicated to teaching. KDP advances quality education by inspiring teachers to prepare all learners for future challenges and levels of their teaching careers.
- President: Jessica Thompson
- Vice President: Carlene Rubin
- Treasurer: Norlynn Baez
- Secretary: Anissa Cooper
- Historian: Nicole McBride
- Supervisor of Committees & Elections: Victoria Marquith
- Members must pay an annual due of $47 to headquarters, and $20 to local chapter.
- Members must participate in at least 70% of all activities, which are measured by apple points.
- Undergraduate Members are required to maintain a GPA of at least 3.0, have completed at least 24 hours of collegiate coursework, and have completed at least 6 hours of education coursework (programmed in-progress, or completed).
- Graduate members are required to maintain a GPA of at least 3.25, have completed at least 6 hours of graduate coursework, and have completed at least 6 graduate hours in education coursework (programmed, in-progress, or completed).
STEP (Supporting Teacher Education Pre-professionals)
STEP is an exciting program for incoming freshmen who plan to major in education and become teachers.
Student Art Education Association
President: Stacey Strickland
Advisor: Dr. Debby McGann
Student Council for Exceptional Education
The mission of Student Council for Exceptional Children is to improve educational outcomes for individuals with disabilities, and/or the gifted. SCEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets of professional development standards, provides continual processional development, advocates for individuals with disabilities, and helps professionals obtain resources and training for effective professional practice.
Student National Education Association
Come join us for professional development and community outreach. Every year we have two Scholastic Book Fairs that help fund our Read Across America event on Dr. Seuss's birthday. There are several opportunities to go to conferences in the state and across the nation. Together we will have many opportunities to network with teachers from across the state and student teachers from across the nation. Our members get discounts on hundreds of restaurants from across the nation with travel, shopping and insurance discounts. The SNEA can protect you for any liability issues that come from any student teaching, service learning or organization events.
UCF National Science Teachers Association Student Chapter (UCF NSTA Student Chapter)
The UCF NSTA Student Chapter’s mission is to encourage pre-service teachers to value the elements of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics in their curriculum, as well as provide a fun filled environment of knowledge, resources, and professional development opportunities.