There is an increase in the need for professionals prepared to manage societal and governance needs in domestic and international landscapes. The dual degree in nonprofit management and public administration explores international public governance principles and practical expertise by allowing students to study in Europe and North America. After completion of the program, students will have the leadership skills and technical expertise to manage public and nonprofit programs domestically and abroad.
Students can earn two degrees in just four years: a BA or BS in nonprofit management from the University of Central Florida, and a BA in Public Administration from Kaunas University of Technology (KTU).
Kaunas University of Technology is in Kaunas, Lithuania - the second largest city in Lithuania. The university's mission is hinged on conducting international research utilizing innovative technology.
The program is designed to strengthen students’ understanding of public administration and nonprofit management on an international stage and prepares them to lead in a global environment that is continuously growing more interconnected.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Current UCF student or intending to transfer to UCF.
- Must apply during fall semester of sophomore year.
May 21, 2022 – Extended application deadline
May 2022 – Interviews for selected candidates
May 25, 2022 – Applicants notified of program decision
How to Apply
- Submit an essay up to 250 word (approximately one page) that explains your interest in completing a dual degree in public administration and nonprofit management and studying for one semester in Lithuania.
- Submit an unofficial transcript with updated grades to the date of application.
Funding Support and Cost Information
UCF students admitted to the program will pay the current tuition rates. To support students who need assistance with costs of travel and accommodation in Lithuania, the School of Public Administration has established the Kojelis Family Scholarship and Program Support Fund. Accepted students may apply for funding that can support travel and accommodation costs as determined appropriate.
All courses in the dual degree are completed in the third and fourth year of study.
Students from both universities study at their home institution with one course taught jointly through an online platform. UCF students will be enrolled in the following courses:
- Survey research in public administration
- Volunteer management (taught jointly with KTU)
- Administrative theory
- Planning and improvement for public organizations
- Program evaluation for public and nonprofit organizations
- European Union governance system
- Public finance management
- Ethics and corruption prevention in public administration
- Civil service
All students will study at the University of Central Florida. Students will be enrolled in the following courses:
- Nonprofit leadership seminar
- Professional administrative writing in the public sector
- Nonprofit organizations
- Resource development in the nonprofit sector
- Cooperative education/Internship
Explore Kaunas University of Technology and the City of Kaunas