Dual Public Administration MPA and Nonprofit Management MNM
Ambitious students interested in both the public and nonprofit sectors may choose to pursue the dual Master of Public Administration/Master of Nonprofit Management degree program. Through this program, students will earn two degrees along with the skills and analytical techniques for successful careers in both the public and nonprofit sectors.
- 54 credit hours.
- Earn two degrees in less time.
- Receive two diplomas.
- Degrees can be completed online.
The dual degree program requires 54 credit hours for completion. This includes all of the core courses of the MPA degree and all of the core courses of the MNM degree. Students will not have to complete any elective courses. The credit hour breakdown is as follows:
- 42 credit hours of core courses
- 6 credit hours of research methods/statistics core courses
- 6 credit hours of capstone courses
Students must achieve a minimum grade “B-” for each core class and maintain an overall program GPA of 3.0. For more information, please visit the UCF Graduate Catalog.
Students accepted into a graduate program within the School of Public Administration may apply some applicable credits toward a graduate certificate. Students must apply separately for the certificate program. View the graduate certificates offered by the School of Public Administration.
Admissions and Advising
Applicants should apply directly to the dual-degree track of either the MPA or the MNM programs. Only one application is required. Applications are accepted in the fall and spring semesters.
Prospective students seeking enrollment in the dual degree program should submit the following for consideration:
- An official, sealed transcript of each college or university attended, showing a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current resume
- A goal statement, no longer than two pages, addressing the following:
- What is your reason for pursuing this degree program and how does it fit into your future goals and plans?
- What specific areas of public administration and nonprofit management interest you?
- What previous work experience do you have in the field?
- What make you a special candidate for this limited access program?
For more information on admissions, please contact our graduate advisor, Edlira Dursun.
Public Administration MPA Dual Degree